Monday, 09 July 2007



Still in the MC house after the MC 0708’s first conference which I also facilitated, glad to see how I still made impact in people’s lives – got such a lot of positive feedback – maybe it’s because I was smiling in my sessions this time as I was just a facilitator and not multi-tasking like previous times where I’d have to be an OC member, facilitator, and be MCP at the same time.

Anyway, the last international trip I took with AIESEC in South Africa was International President’s meeting and it was hosted by AIESEC in Egypt.

What a chilled out conference it was in terms of Agenda compared with the last one I attended, but for me it was till a lot of work anyway. I was chosen as the African region representative for the panel of interviewers for candidates who want to work for AIESEC international – trust me that is a lot of work.

We sat for 2 days in one room of the hotel interviewing candidates from about 9h00am till about 00h00am with very little break between as there were 20 candidates to go through – but I enjoyed the experience, it was one of my highlights towards the end of my term.

I went to Egypt with the incoming MCP – Unati and she has her own story to tell about Egypt, it was different from what I expected and I’m glad that I got to go.

After the conference we hanged-out with a Diplomat from the SA embassy (and he has a nice house as compared to the ones I saw In Egypt – I think the government pays them wellJ), I got to go to Port Said ( a town at the corner of the Mediterranean sea and the Suez canal) , the Pyramids, Red sea (our hotel was on the beach of the red sea – so you have breakfast overlooking the blue beautiful liquid ).

I recommend anyone to travel – you learn so much – it’s like a baby given toys to play with - they look so excited and want to touch this and that, bite, etc and that’s the feeling I get whenever I go out of my country.

The world is your oyster - would you like to have at the tips of your fingers?

No comments: