Sunday, 22 July 2007

Good-bye AIESEC

How do you know when something feels right and when you should act on it? See you can manage/block emotions for a certain period of time but then they will always catch up with you no matter what – and for me these are the days.

Thought I’d contemplate because I’ve never really allowed myself time to do that this past 12 months – actually I have never had time to myself, when thinking about it I have spent energy on AIESEC 24/7 for 2 years – was it by choice or default is another topic for another day.

I guess I’m not over the fact that the end has come for me in getting my hands dirty, it just feels strange – I have been extremely bored doing nothing for the past one week, even a friend of mine was shocked to hear that I HAVE NOTHING TO DO coz ever since I joined AIESEC there was never a moment where I would sit and idle – everything was always a rush , I had 12 months to think about global issues & how relevant they were to my immediate society, people to network with who could be enablers to our coarse, projects to do that are impactful to people, managing people who carried out these duties, and of all this bring tangible results… that was the fuel of my being…of my existence for the past couple of years and now I have to re-focus that existence, it’s like I have been told to live another life all over again and don’t know where to beginning.

Well I start working for PWC this coming Monday, I hope it will re-energise and motivate me again, and since they are a global organisation I guess I will find passion again in one aspect or another.

….okay this is a kinda good-bye to an organisation that has taught me all that I know – yes all that I know. I joined when I was 17 years old and now I’m 23 so you can imagine! I’m not very good at expressing myself emotionally and those who know me will agree totally – but I saw it fitting to write this as it has been bugging me for some time now.

To all the people I have met – I truly appreciate your acquaintance, you have added a wealth of knowledge to me when you spoke about your passion, country, and what you thought about life in general. Till we meet again – keep well.

Khotso, Pula, Nala – Peace, Rain and Prosperity

5 comments:

Unknown said...

AIESEC in South Africa ownes you a lot of things!!! Cheers Abey and good luck in your new job!!!!...
Que viva sudafrica carajo!!!

Phil said...

hey Abey, when am reading this what crosses my mind is what I would be writing down a year from now...I guess you have had a great experience and you might not know this, of all the MCPs in Africa, I admired you most :). And indeed I enjoyed those conversations we had in Egypt, but one bone I want to pick with you...Go for a traineeship!!!!That is what you have been managing for the last two years....I know it will be worth the experience! Anyway, Enjoy!

Fred said...

Abey my man... Welcome to the world of "Heading for the Future". For me, this world has been filled with contemplation, reflection, exhilaration, and too many other emotions to mention. AIESEC teaches one to see life and yourself globally. However, once one has moved on, they must take that powerful tool set they have acquired and apply it to their own life rather than helping others. Deciding where to make the best use of those tools has been my biggest challenge.

Be the change you want to see in the World!

Peace from Canada!

Unknown said...

Howzit Mr Tau

Glad you finally leaving AIESEC.ITS ABOUT TIME!!!(joke)

Just wanna congrats you on a successfull term. and its been awesome working with you.Good luck with your future

Mark

Anonymous said...

Good post.