Friday, 04 July 2008

Time of my life

03.07.08 – 04h00pm

It has started settling in that I am leaving Switzerland after 7 months of being here and the second time living here in 4 years, I’m on the train right now on my way from Luzern - Lugano . . .its summer already – extremely hot, people are swimming in the river and walking in bathing suits in the middle of the day and I am still astonished by the beauty of this country especially the route I am travelling on right now…when you have time once take a train from Luzern – Lugano or Brig – Fiesch or Romont – Lausanne or Lausanne – Montreau or Geneva – Neuchatel or Neuchatel – Biel or just take a trip up to Jungfrau jong mountain . . . I have been everywhere and nature’s beauty weather its winter or summer has been an eye opening and I don’t know if Swiss people truly realize how amazing this place is.

I have lived in paradise, I hardly had to walk anywhere unless I was travelling after midnight (…yes travel after midnight without fear of being mugged, the only fear I had was a ghost jumping in front of me from old buildings J), I had a bus/tram next to the flat, took a train everywhere within the country (didn’t pay – all I had to do was show my GA card – gives me free access to all transportation within the country this obviously has made me very lazy J to walk anywhere).This country has shown me the ability to be able to provide social security even for the ‘lowest’ level of its citizens, I love this country – actually I am in-love with the Swiss’s natural beauty,and sense of togetherness in its diversity and this has obviously made it hard for me to say goodbye….





04.07.08 – 02h20am

I worked with amazing people colleagues & friends from AIESEC to UNFPA and met inspiring people in my usually unpredictable way…

Anna – The bubbly German caramel girl, well I hope you are having a great time some special ones from far far away.
Ivan – The Slovak cook, I hope you find what you are looking for on the pilgrimage.
Luca – The Swiss-French going to the Brazil beach/bitch J, come to S.A. and I will take you to Pretoria – I promise.
Simone – The calm Swiss-German who kept things together, I hope the Brussels people take you if they know what’s good for them.
Jeroen – another bubbly Dutch who enjoyed picking me up for fun, the world is your playground my friend.
Linda – The Arabic/Swiss-French caring individual, something great will come up soon.
Jean-Paul – my brother from another mother, I hope all goes well soon.

. . . and to all those I did not mention I have enjoyed our time together, I mentioned the above people as I literally spent days and nights with them at close range, I have enjoyed my time here – it is one of the best times of my life…



6 comments:

Anna said...

Abey, dear ... that was an emotion right there. Even multiple ones. Has Switzerland softened you? Don't blush now ... ;-)

I was so touched by your post, thank you so much! We will miss you too!!! You're a one of a kind, that's for sure :-). Do consider a career in stand-up!

Have a safe trip back home and we'll meet for sure someday somewhere. Let's keep in touch concerning our money-making schemes!

Anna

Anonymous said...

Well... thank you as well, Abey, for being a part in the life of all those you met here in Switzerland. Some of them less intensely and some of them more intensely.

They will all miss you. Some of them maybe less intensely but one of them truly deeply.

po said...

Hi, I have enjoyed reading your blog about living in Switzerland. I visited the place myself, and it was amazing.

Are you headed back to SA?

Abey said...

hey Po...i read your blog...whats your email address?

po said...

Oh, hey, I just saw this comment now, email is seamonkeypo@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

We want ya back in Switzerland!

JP